Poetry: Nostalgia


Nostalgia

Nostalgic for the days when
I thought my first love would
be my last because
these days I'm just scared
that it might be true
and all I really want to know
is if you think about the
same shit that I do, wondering
what might have happened
if things had been different.
I know that I'll never know
and I can't stop thinking about it
because it's the only thing
I know for certain anymore
and I've never known how
to face the future.
Ever since I thought you
looked beautiful in the light
pouring in through the
kitchen window, I've been
stuck there, on that single,
undeniable truth,
that I loved you,
whether or not it was right,
and that changed everything.

A/N: I don't write enough poetry, so it's my intention to start writing and posting it on a more regular basis. This was a quick, five-minute poem I worked up this evening. I'm not that happy with it, but maybe I can use parts of it for something else later on. Or maybe I'll come back to it and think that I actually do like it. Who knows. 

Comments

Popular Posts